About the card
What is the ISIC card?
The ISIC card is the only internationally-recognised proof of full-time student status issued in over 130 countries. It is endorsed by organisations such as UNESCO, the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations. The card is recognised by universities, academic institutions, student organisations, national governments and ministries of education around the world. As such, it allows you access to exclusive benefits and discounts around the world.
The ISIC is available to full time students at school, college or university, aged 12 years and above. There is no upper age limit.
What if I am not a student?
If you are not a student, but are 30 years old or younger at the time you apply for the card, the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) is the right card for you.
If you’re a full time teacher or professor, you can apply for the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC).
The IYTC and ITIC both offer similar benefits, services and discounts to the ISIC.
Can I use my card as proof of identity?
The ISIC is proof of student status and can be used to identify yourself in different places. However, some countries may require a different form of identification so please check in advance.
How much does the card cost?
The cost of the card varies depending on the country of issue but costs £12.00 in the UK.
Do my friends and family also enjoy the benefits?
Unfortunately not. ISIC offers and discounts can only be enjoyed by the cardholder. However, your family and friends might also be eligible for their own ISIC cards.
What help can I get in an emergency?
Your ISIC card isn’t just about giving you great deals – we will also do our best to help you in an emergency. All ISIC, IYTC and ITIC cardholders have access to a 24-hour ISIC Emergency Helpline.
You can telephone this helpline free of charge. The operator will then refer you to legal, medical or travel advisors, depending on what you need. All information is available in English, Spanish, French and German.
Call the international operator using the local telephone number of the country you are visiting.
Ask to make a reverse charge call to the ISIC Emergency Helpline, +44 20 8762 8110+44 20 8762 8110 .
This number is printed on the back of your ISIC card.
Get the card?
How can I get the card? (Online)
You can buy your card on this site! Simply visit the ‘GET A NEW CARD’ section of the site.
How can I get the card? (A local ISIC Office)
You can purchase your card instantly in the UK in one of our STA Travel issuing offices. Please find a list of our offices here – http://www.statravel.co.uk/find-a-branch.htm. Please remember to take along your documents to prove your student status and identity as well as a passport photograph.
My country does not issue the ISIC, what can I do?
If there is no issuing office in your country then you can apply in another country when you travel. Be sure to take your eligibility documents with you. We are constantly developing the accessibility of the cards to countries all over the world. Please continue to check for future developments.
Can I renew my card?
In some cases it is possible to renew your card. Please contact the issuing office where you purchased the card for further details.
Please note that in the UK we don’t currently offer a renew process, the easiest way to renew is to buy a new card!
I lost my card, what should I do?
Generally, ISIC cards are non-refundable and non-transferable so you will have to pay the full cost of a new one. You can apply for a new card at your closest issuing office
I’ve bought my ISIC card through www.myisic.co.uk, what next?
When buying an ISIC card on the www.myisic.co.uk site you’ll still be required to provide the following proof of student status –
Scan of student ID
Letter from School/College/Uni to prove full time status
Proof of DOB (if not on student ID)
If you don’t enter these details during the initial booking process you’ll need the visit the myID section of the site to enter your details, your card won’t be dispatched until this proof is uploaded. If you have any questions regarding your data please contact us using the ‘CONTACT’ section of the site.
I’ve bought my ISIC card through www.myisic.co.uk and need a refund?
Refunds are available but will be considered on a case by case basis, if you require a refund please use the ‘CONTACT’ tab above to get in touch.
Please note that refunds can take up to 2 weeks to reach your account.
What do I need to get the ISIC/IYTC/ITIC?
What documents do I need to apply for the card? (ISIC)
The ISIC is only available to full time students, so you must be able to prove you are currently studying full time at school, college or university.
When applying please provide one of the following documents:
– A copy of your university or student identity card, clearly dated and indicating you are a full time student
– A signed and dated letter on official university or school stationery stating you are studying there full time. We prefer an original copy, although photocopies and faxes may be accepted.
You will also need:
– Proof or your date of birth
– A passport sized photograph
What documents do I need to apply for the card? (IYTC)
The International Youth Travel Card is for people aged between 12 – 30 years old who are not fulltime students.
To get an IYTC you must be able to prove your age with one of the following documents:
– Birth certificate
– Official Identity Card issued in your country of residence
You will also need a passport sized photograph.
What documents do I need to apply for the card? (ITIC)
The ITIC card is for full time teachers or professors.
To prove your full time teaching status, you will need a letter on official school or university stationery. This must state that you are employed at a recognized school, college or university for at least 18 hours per week, for a minimum of 1 academic year.
You will also need a passport sized photo.
What is a full time student?
Generally, full time means at least 15 hours of study a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks per year.
The ISIC is available to full time students at school, college or university, aged 12 years and above. There is no upper age limit.
How long is the card valid for?
Generally, the ISIC and ITIC are valid for up to 16 months, starting on 1 September or 1 December, depending on the academic year of the country you purchase your card.
The ITYC is valid for 12 months from the date you purchase it.
Benefits and Discounts
How can I find benefits and discounts?
Please use our discount search engine to search for discounts worldwide – www.isic.org
Your card provides you with a wide range of discounts and special offers including discounts on travel, entertainment and software. Discounts vary around the world so to make significant savings at home and when travelling abroad make sure your ISIC card goes everywhere with you!
Feel free to adjust the search to get discount information per category or in other cities or countries you may be interested in. Please note some benefits and discounts may have restrictions.
Can I search for discounts easily on my phone or tablet?
You can search on our mobile website http://m.isic.org
Or you can download our free benefits application available for:
How can I make cheaper telephone calls with my ISIC?
With your ISIC card purchase, you are entitled to a FREE international SIM Card – ISIConnect. You can save up to 70% on international calls from 75 countries. It also gives access to voicemail, SMS services and a free email account. Ask about the new online travel journal so your family and friends can track your trip from home via your mobile.
Click here to get yours today
Cannot get discounts?
I bought my card, do I have to activate it?
You can check your card status to see if you need to activate your card here http://www.isic.org/faq
You can also visit our Activation Page https://activate.isic.org
I was refused a discount or benefit, what do I do?
We take refusal of discount very seriously. In order to fully investigate, please contact us and explain what happened and where with as many details as possible. We will the fully investigate the matter.
My card won’t allow me access to online discounts
You can check your card status here http://www.isic.org/faq/ Please contact us with a scan or photo of the front and back of your card so that we can investigate.
Can I offer a benefit/discount from my company?
Increase your profile in the student community
Offering student discounts and benefits means you can begin to build brand loyalty with these important customers of the future. ISIC benefits – and therefore your products – are promoted through different forms of marketing to students, targeting millions of students around the world through the ISIC website, national ISIC organisations, discount guides and more.
Build your brand image
Partnering with ISIC says a number of positive things about your company and product: You take students seriously and care about their personal development, you are associated with respected organisations which have endorsed ISIC, including UNESCO, the EU and national governments
No financial investment required
Partners pay nothing to ISIC to become affiliated, so with no financial risk, you have nothing to lose. All you need to do is offer a discount or benefit to ISIC cardholders.
One solution, many markets
ISIC partners reach multiple markets around the world in an efficient, cost-effective and coherent way. Here at ISIC, we do the negotiating and come up with the marketing solutions.
Guaranteed to target students
We can guarantee that the benefits you offer ISIC cardholders are accessed only by students. All ISIC cards have a unique serial number stored in our database, which means the ISIC Association can provide partners with online card validation.
Contact us if you are interested in offering an ISIC student discount or benefit
We would like to issue the ISIC card as our university card?
Contact us if you are interested in offering the ISIC card as a university card.
I would like to sell the ISIC card.
Contact us if you are interested in selling the ISIC card.
Terms and Conditions.
Terms and conditions for the ISIC UK Apple Sports Watch promotion
- These terms and conditions apply to the Apple Sports Watch competition organised by ISIC UK.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants accept these terms and conditions.
- ISIC UK may cancel or amend the prize draw, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
Prize draw Entry
- The prize draw is open to all new ISIC UK cardholders in the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales who purchase their ISIC card between 28th April 2015 and 31st July 2015.
- The closing date for the prize draw is 31st July 2015. Any entries received after the closing of the prize draw will be invalid and will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Entry to the prize draw is made automatically once a card is purchased.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, the decision of ISIC UK shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is an Apple 38mm Sports Watch, the color is not specified and shall be decided upon by ISIC UK.
- The winner will be selected at random from all new card purchasers from 28th April 2015 to 31st July 2015. The draw for the winner will where possible take place within 7 days of the date on which the prize draw closes
- Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ISIC UK will attempt to notify the winner for up to 28 days after the closing date and time for entries to the prize draw. He/she will be contacted on the e-mail, or address provided when purchasing their card. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If we are unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and we reserve the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions .
- ISIC UK reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the prize draw.
- ISIC UK endeavors to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No alternative prize will be given and the prize of an Apple Sports Watch is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, ISIC UK reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all prize draws, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by ISIC UK. By entering the prize draw, entrants grant to ISIC UK a non-exclusive license to use and publish their details in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.